Monday, October 3, 2011

Not Quite...

I promised pictures of some of the ornaments I've been working on and here they are!


The top pieces are the fronts and the bottoms are the backs. They have embroidery on the holly leaves and the words 'Hugs' and 'Kisses', and they have fabric paint along the white "icing" lines, on the little green dots, and also on the holly berries.

I've only finished these two (they aren't really finished, I still need to sew them up and stuff them) out of the thirty-two that came on the fabric, needless to say I have a way to go until I'm finished. So I don't think that I've started too early, not at all. In fact I'll be surprised if I can manage to finish them all before Christmas time...especially since I have to make another set as a gift for a couple of friends. XD

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Too Early?

I know it's still a while away but I love Christmas and I've already started making ornaments. I found some cute fabric at Jo-Anns that had ornaments printed on it and I thought that I could spruce them up a bit. So I've armed myself with bells, ribbon, puffy fabric paint, needle, and plenty of embroidery floss.

I'm not even half way done with the first batch I'm working on, so maybe I didn't start too early after all. I'm at school right now but I'll have pictures in the next post.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Craftster Swap #2 Apron Swap

This is from the second swap that I did on Craftster. As the title implies we had to make an apron for our partner and then something else to go along with it. The pattern for the apron is from Leslie's Art and Sew and in my partner's questionnaire she put down brown, blue, orange, and olive green as her favorite colors. They don't sound like they go together, do they? Well, I decided that I was going to make them go together...And this is what I came up with!


This is the front of the apron on the right side.


This is the front on the left.
As you can see, all of the pockets have at least two of the colors that my partner listed on her questionnaire. I'm very glad, and super happy that the apron turned out as well as it did.

Now, like I said, we were supposed to make something else for our partner and she had this adorable needle book on her wist that had a pattern at Em Ay Kay Ee, so I knew exactly what I was going to make her. Again I was trying to stick to her favorite colors for the overall theme but she also mentioned that she liked pac man so I had to do a ghost 'stamp'.


Here's the full front, ghost stamp in the corner.(Note- I did do some editing on the photo because on the actual needle book I embroidered my partner's real name and I don't feel comfortable posting that without her permission.)


Here's a kind of blurry close up of the stamp by itself which is Hand embroidered and which took a lot longer than I thought it would.


Here's the back.


And finally, here's the inside, all nice and olive green.

The only thing I wish could have been better is how the needle book closed in the back...sadly my machine needle broke half way through finishing the book itself, and since it was almost three in the morning, there was no way I could go and get a new needle. So I finished it by hand! Whoo!





Monday, September 12, 2011

Craftster Swap #1 Monster Ninni

Well, it's been a while since I last posted...but I have been busy! In fact I have an adorable monster to show you all! I joined a swap on Craftster and made him for my partner using the pattern from this web site -- RevoluzZza

He turned out super cute, so, without further adieu, I give you...The Steampunk Ninni-bot!


This is him from the front.


This is the detail of his little heart area, you get to see some of the gears that make him tick.


This is him from behind.


And this is the detail from under his 'access panel'.

He's made out of flannel with a fabric paint coating in copper for the base and I took some turquoise and brushed it over to make it seem like the metal was a bit oxidized. The rivets, plate lines, and a couple of the gears are puffy paint, while the rest of the gears were embroidered.