Thursday, September 15, 2011

Craftster Swap #2 Apron Swap

This is from the second swap that I did on Craftster. As the title implies we had to make an apron for our partner and then something else to go along with it. The pattern for the apron is from Leslie's Art and Sew and in my partner's questionnaire she put down brown, blue, orange, and olive green as her favorite colors. They don't sound like they go together, do they? Well, I decided that I was going to make them go together...And this is what I came up with!


This is the front of the apron on the right side.


This is the front on the left.
As you can see, all of the pockets have at least two of the colors that my partner listed on her questionnaire. I'm very glad, and super happy that the apron turned out as well as it did.

Now, like I said, we were supposed to make something else for our partner and she had this adorable needle book on her wist that had a pattern at Em Ay Kay Ee, so I knew exactly what I was going to make her. Again I was trying to stick to her favorite colors for the overall theme but she also mentioned that she liked pac man so I had to do a ghost 'stamp'.


Here's the full front, ghost stamp in the corner.(Note- I did do some editing on the photo because on the actual needle book I embroidered my partner's real name and I don't feel comfortable posting that without her permission.)


Here's a kind of blurry close up of the stamp by itself which is Hand embroidered and which took a lot longer than I thought it would.


Here's the back.


And finally, here's the inside, all nice and olive green.

The only thing I wish could have been better is how the needle book closed in the back...sadly my machine needle broke half way through finishing the book itself, and since it was almost three in the morning, there was no way I could go and get a new needle. So I finished it by hand! Whoo!





No comments:

Post a Comment