Sunday, June 17, 2012

Craftster Swap #6 Penpal Swap Round 4

Miss Barbara was my partner for this swap and she looooooves ladybugs. So I made a few items that featured a ladybug theme. I made a mugrug, a felt box, a feathered headband, and a lavender filled ladybug plushie.

The headband was actually the easiest thing to make. I bought a plain headband from JoAnn's as well as a strip with pheasant feathers and a larger oval shaped piece with pheasant feathers that had a small silver ornament. I hot glued both pieces to the headband.

The mug rug was the most difficult piece to make since it involved quilting and I've never done that before.The large ladybug is actually a pocket that you can put a spoon, a tea packet, or a packet of sugar in.

The box is made out of stiffened felt that was cut and glued into shape. Then, in keeping with the ladybug theme, I cut out a ladybug and glued it to the top.

The plushie ladybug was another easy one to make. Of course, that was only after I figured out how to get the top to do right. I didn't want it to be a flat ladybug, I wanted the red part to form a slight dome. I was so happy when it finally worked out. Once it was stuffed I added the lavender to it, so it smells fantastic!

And, of course, here's the whole kit-n-kaboodle.

I also sent socks, postcards, stickers, and some extra lavender along with everything that I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment